Other Options for College Credit

Standard Exams

Standard Exams

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

You may receive college credit if you have achieved at least a mean (average) score on any College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam. You can learn about CLEP testing opportunities from your college and review CLEP MUS Testing Centers that are available.

Advanced Placement (AP)

If you took college-level courses in high school, or gained educational experience from other sources, you may be able to take an Advanced Placement examination and receive AP credit as long as you earn a score of 3 or higher to receive your degree. Learn more about AP Credit at your community college by visiting the College Board website.

Other standard exams that may be used by colleges to evaluate prior learning include DSST (DANTES), NYU Language Exams, UExcel/Excelsior College Examination Program, and ACT-PEP. Check with your advisor to see if one of these is right for you.